Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Rant


The world is going to shit.

"Why, Tim... what makes you say such a thing?"

Let me explain.

This has zilch to do with the ever-staggering economy. Nor does it relate to Iran or North Korea furthering their agenda to destroy the world. It doesn't even pertain to terrorists, NYC mosques, rabid dogs, little old ladies trying to cross the street, or gender confused cuttlefish. No, my friends. What I have in mind is far worse than all of these factors combined.

Jersey Shore's "the situation" is making five million dollars this season.

FIVE MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!

I shit you not.

Gee... I wish I could make a cool five mil by being a morally reprehensible, stereotyping scumbag. Take a look around ladies and gents. This is the world we live in. A world where thousands of American businesses are struggling to keep up their payroll while giant douches like "The Situation" stand to get fat.

Evidently, he goes by this name because his abs are actually what "the situation" refers to. What.... a..... jackass. I have a name for my abs too. I call them the Tyrannosaurus Rex... because much like the T-rex, they are extinct. All right Mr. TV Producer, can I have my check now?

It's not just "The Situation". It's everything about that show. Snookie looks like something mothers threaten their kids with when their acting up. "Kids, if you don't behave the Snookie will come eat you." Then she pulls out a picture of what the monster looks like, and the children promptly jump out the nearest window.

Then there's Pauly D; a guy who must have gone to the barber after watching a marathon of the movie "Eraserhead".


*Which is which???

Honestly, do girls go for the "troll doll that just got dropped in the toilet" look? If so, I'm in for a lonely life.

In the end, I really don't care that these people are walking stereotypes capable of offending every race, creed, and code. That's not the part that bothers me. It's the fact that they are, indeed, members of the human race. You see, I'm a big fan of the human race. Every living person has substantial potential to make the world a better place to live in. Yes, every so often a bad egg comes along and wants global domination. And yes, some decide to hack up their family members because they heard a voice in their head forcing their hand. But people for the most part are inherently well intentioned. Annnnnnd then there's the Jersey Shore crew.


We're screwed.



1 comment:

  1. Look at this! It's 11 people who make less than The Situation that are famous. And talented in some way.
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/scott/11-people-who-earn-less-than-the-situation
    Thought it was kinda funny.

    ReplyDelete